Monday 2 May 2011

General chat 2 # Hayling Island

I went to Hayling Island (near Portsmouth) yesterday (19/04/2011), it started out to be a very nice day and then towards the evening some clouds started to form in the sky. I was down there visiting family but I decided to take my camera, laptop and graphics tablet just in case I had some free time to wonder around, which I did. I went along to the beach front and had a walk around and went to the beach huts as they are quite iconic of the English coastline. I decided to draw a quick sketch to get the correct positions of the huts and sea level and then when I got back indoors I decided to do a paint over. There were some people flying some kites on the beach so I also took photos of them and decided to paint them in to add some fun to the piece.


Then later in the evening as we were leaving the island we pulled over at the docks I did a quick sketch and when I got back home painted the rest of this piece. There was a bridge supposed to be in this paint but I thought it would detract from the piece and I also didn’t draw about 5 other boats as I thought the scene would get over crowded. I really like this piece due to its realism and the way the water came out as I found it hard to get the right colours and highlights but I think I’ve done well here.

No comments:

Post a Comment